Sales of battery electric and plug-in hybrid automobiles have increased significantly in recent years. Almost 10 years ago, Huber Automotive AG prepared itself for this turnaround and pursued developments aimed at increasing the value added in this segment.
Battery management systems are used to monitor the state of charge, voltage and temperature of each individual battery cell in electric and hybrid vehicles.
Huber Automotive has developed various projects such as 4 CAN Bus and 6 CAN Bus Gateways.
These 4 CAN and 6 CAN bus gateways make it possible to connect the battery packs to one big battery. Units of 12 to 48 cells are monitored for cell voltage and temperature. This ensures communication with the battery management system.
The extensive know-how in the hardware and software development of cell monitoring and battery management systems for high-voltage and 48-volt vehicle systems with 32-bit TriCore ™ microcontrollers enables the fulfillment of the highest functional safety requirements according to ISO 26262: ASIL B.
WE LIVE ELECTRIC MOBILITY
BATTERY MANAGEMENT TEAM
- Battery management systems for automotive and industrial applications
- Battery Management Controller – Intelligent control and monitoring of the entire battery (high-voltage, control of all switches, fuses, insulation monitoring, U / I / T measurement, SOC / SOH, crash detection, service disconnect, bank charging, ASIL-C)
- Cell Module Controller – Standardized HW solutions for different cell configurations (daisy chain, U / I / T measurement, passive balancing, ASIL-D)
- Battery Connection Box – External unit made of electromechanical components for switching and protecting high electrical currents
- Secure battery gateways to merge multiple batteries into one big virtual battery
BATTERY-GATEWAY AS AN EXAMPLE
- Secure Battery-Gateways to merge multiple batteries into one big virtual battery
- 32-bit processor of the Infineon AURIX family with 4 or 6 CAN drivers
- AUTOSAR 4.2 Basic Software with Functional Safety Implementation up to ASIL-C
- Built-in functions for flash and diagnostic routing to the individual batteries, dead battery operation and end-to-end signal encryption